P.B.B.Sc Nursing Curriculum
Total Duration: 2 years
The aim of the undergraduate nursing program is to:
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of, and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in a clinical / public health setting.
On completion of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree program the graduates will be able to:
- Assess health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients/clients that contribute to health of individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competencies in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological and behavioural sciences.
- Participate as members of health team in the promotive,preventive,curative and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision-making abilities in various situations.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals, groups in community health settings.
- Demonstrate managerial skills in community health settings.
- Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
- Recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
|S. No.||Subject||Hours Theory||Hours Practical||Hours|
|2||Nutrition & Dietetics||50||20|
|3||Biochemistry & Biophysics.||80||--|
|6||Child Health Nursing||90||300|
|8||Medical &Surgical Nursing||120||300|
|2||Community Health Nursing||100||300|
|3||Mental Health Nursing||100||300|
|4||Introduction to Nursing Education||100||90|
|5||Introduction to Nursing Administration||100||220|
|6||Introduction to Nursing Research and Statistics||70||180|